Head of Lending
**This position is being handled by Christian Jobs as an Executive Search Campaign. All 3rd party applications will be forwarded and handled by the recruitment team at Christian Jobs**
Job Title: Head of Lending
Department: New Business
Reports to: Chief Executive
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
- To be the Bank’s centre of knowledge and technical expertise for all lending matters, particularly new business. [Possibility of being assigned SMF 6 under the SM&CR.]*
- To proactively market, sell and underwrite applications for the Bank’s full mortgage product range both Commercial and Personal at all times in accordance with our Mission Statement.
- To supervise and manage the Church & Charity Lending Manager and the Personal Mortgage Adviser (the mortgage sales team).
- [To oversee and manage all existing lending including arrears.]*
2) Principal Accountabilities
- To deliver the Bank’s and your personal lending targets through proactively delivering and pursuing all enquiries, contacts, prospects and introducers.
- Thoroughly assess and individually underwrite Commercial and Personal loan applications.
- Lead the mortgage sales team directing and guiding on technical, regulatory & customer issues and overseeing regulatory advice and underwriting.
- Maintain systems and controls to ensure all customer applications are promptly and accurately processed in accordance with regulatory and product rules.
- [Manage the care of existing customers dealing with enquiries, complaints and supervision of arrears management.]*
- [Oversight of the lending requirements of our specialist banking software in liaison with Head of IT.]
3) Knowledge, experience and skills
- Extensive breadth of experience in commercial lending.
- Relevant professional qualifications including CeMAP or equivalent.
- A thorough understanding of the regulatory environment, including financial crime.
- The ability to interpret regulatory guidance and customer needs to prepare Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- A track record of successful selling, supervisory and management experience.
- Educated to a minimum of 3 A levels or equivalent, ideally to degree level.
4) Assignment and planning work
- Results-driven, organised and methodical.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to market and sell the Bank’s products.
- Excellent customer relationship skills to win new business.
- Manage the mortgage sales [and account management] team workflow to ensure that all work is completed within agreed timescales.
- Maintain management information to support the Bank’s business performance and sales.
5) Supervision of others
- The mortgage sales team: currently the Church & Charity Lending Manager and the Personal Mortgage Adviser.
6) Other working relationships
- Close working relationship and liaison with the Chief Executive and the Heads of: Business Development; Compliance; IT; Account Management and Insurance.
- A high level of customer contact.
- A good working relationship with external introducers of business and professional advisers.
- Regular liaison with technical support.
7) Decision making authorities
- Day to day oversight of the technical aspects of mortgage sales.
8) Genuine Occupational Requirement
- Due to the nature of this post it is required for the post holder to be a practising and committed Christian. This is a Genuine Occupational Requirement in line with schedule 9 of the Equalities Act 2010.
*The role does not currently include the square bracketed aspects but may be changed to include these in future.
**If you have read this job description and would like to learn more information about the role or apply for the position then please fill out the application form below and send this alongside an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com**
|Information Pack - Head of Lending (Kingdom Bank)||263.29 KB|
|Information Pack - Head of Lending (Kingdom Bank) (Word)||100.06 KB|