Development Team Manager
Location: Blythe Valley Park, Solihull, B90 8AJ
Role: Web Developer (Graduate Scheme)
Reporting to: Development Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £37,500
Full Time: 8.30 - 17.00 Monday to Friday
Holidays: 26 days per year + Bank Holidays
Edit Websites Ltd is the UK’s leading Christian Software Company having developed Church Edit and iKnow Church - software used by 1,000s of churches around the UK.
We’ve grown every year since 2002 and as we are expanding we are looking for new people to join the team as we work with more churches and organisations around the UK.
The growth of the development team has meant we are now looking for a dedicated Development Team Manager responsible for the development of one of our software products. This role will lead the developers developing this software and will report to the Managing Director.
If successful, you will be responsible for the complete project life-cycle including planning, development, testing through to release.
An eye for detail and ensuring that our software meets the highest standards is essential to this role. You will need to make sure that the development meets the specification and performs well when released to our growing customer base.
You will work with the Managing Director to plan future updates and improvements to the software and then be responsible for implementing further changes and improvements along with the developers assigned to your project/ product.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the right development team is in place as we continue to grow. This may include recruitment, holding appraisal conversations, 1-2-1's Development Team meetings, and working with the Managing Director to ensure the team has the tools and training to implement their tasks and meet their targets. As your team will be reporting to you it is essential that you have good leadership/management skills and are able to keep the team motivated and achieving their targets.
- Plan future developments
- Stay on top of the latest development trends
- Meet with clients to discuss future developments
- Meet with other departments to discuss and plan developments
- Lead your team members
- Plan targets for each of your team members
- Ensure your teams development team targets are met
- Test new and existing code for security
- Release of new features including development, testing and release alongside the Development Manager
- Be on call for any out of hours issues that may arise
- Excellent programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of testing techniques and technologies
- Excellent communication skills (both written/ verbal)
- Detailed in planning projects
- Able to handle pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to prioritise tasks
- Team management
- Managing access and the security of company intellectual property
Experience of using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Working at iKnow Church and Church Edit
You get to work in a friendly team making a difference in churches around the UK as well as:
- Company Pension
- 1 day a month to learn something new - everyone gets one Friday free each month to learn something new to help them in their personal development. You might want to learn a new programme or skill which is why we set aside 12 days a year to work on your own learning or project.
- Subscription for online training (Pluralsight).
- Birthdays off - If your birthday falls on a working day then you get that day off