Housing Support Worker
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Tenant and Client Support
- To provide ongoing support for potential and actual tenants with due consideration and understanding, and with regard to the organisation’s Equal Opportunities policy
- To provide clients with appropriate information to support their needs and provide support regarding their tenancies, including housing and other benefits, tenancy agreements etc.
- To encourage clients to engage in recovery programmes and support volunteers to help clients in overcoming support needs, recovery from addictions, gaining employment, benefit entitlement etc.
- To carry out appropriate housing management functions in relation to Hope Housing properties and tenants. To include:
- assist in setting up new properties
- liaise with referring agencies and potential tenants to fill tenancies
- rents collection, including housing benefits applications and management
- voids management
- arrange and oversee repairs and maintenance
- follow warning/eviction procedures where necessary
- To be part of an on call rota for emergencies/crises
- To develop new partnerships with other relevant agencies, churches, landlords etc.
- To undertake any training and development opportunities as agreed
- To attend occasional conferences and events related to homelessness and the work of Hope Housing in agreement with line manager
- To undertake occasional tasks in cooperation with Hope Housing colleagues, as agreed within the context of the management structure, in order to gain additional skills and knowledge relevant and of use to the overall operation of Hope Housing
- To work within the framework of values, ethos, policies and procedures set by the trustees
- To undertake additional tasks and responsibilities at the request of the Trustees and line manager
- To deputise on occasion and as appropriate for other colleagues as agreed with staff and trustees
Scope: This job description is intended to provide a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of the post. It should not be regarded as a contractual document. It will be reviewed regularly and may be varied at the discretion of Hope Housing. A more specific list of day to day tasks will be agreed with your line manager.