Tenant & Church Empowerment Worker (Part time) 15hrs p/w
To work with local church partners and volunteers to support and empower tenant journeys towards self-sufficiency and independent living
- To support, empower and lead tenant journeys, starting with referral and finishing with move-on, helping them to reach their full potential and to successfully move on into independent living.
- To ensure tenants are fully aware of the rules, boundaries and licence conditions including regularly meeting with their support network, and paying their rent.
- To encourage tenants to manage their tenancies and build positive relationships
- To signpost to other agencies when necessary and be the main source of advocacy for tenants
- To work alone when necessary in accordance with our Lone Working Policy
- Conduct, report and update tenant Risk Reduction Plans (RRPs) and Personal Development Plans (PDPs) and produce casework notes for all tenants
- To answer the ‘out of hours phone’ as part of the out of hours rota
Partner Church Empowerment
- To be a strong Christian witness and presence with all you work with
- To keep Partner Church volunteers enthused and equipped for their roles
- To support Partner Church volunteers in fulfilling their roles
- To keep the Partner Church informed and keep the project in the congregation’s prayers
- If appropriate to pray with the Partner Church.
- Devote time in prayer for tenants, Partner Churches and Hope into Action
- Partake and contribute to spiritual events when required (such as away days, church events)
- Contribute to Partner Church newsletters and prayer updates
Administrative & Networking
- Network with other agencies to ensure good working relationships and a positive reputation is built and maintained
- Liaise between organisations to ensure that tenants do not miss crucial appointments
- Manage the assessment and referral process of potential tenants
- Lead the case work for each tenant and attend casework review meetings
- Complete relevant paperwork as you journey alongside tenants and Partner Church volunteers, including monthly outcome reports and quarterly project updates for management meetings
- Make guided decisions around disciplinary measures required for tenants
- Keep relevant paperwork and files up to date and compliant with relevant legislation
- Meet and maintain house occupancy levels and understand house finances
- To ensure spending is in line with budget for each house
- To take opportunities to raise financial support and investment for the project.
- To assist with seeking opportunities to raise support for Hope into Action and get new churches into partnership, including giving presentations and updates at church services and helping raise awareness of, and support for, Hope into Action: Mid Sussex
- To attend regular supervision and any relevant training courses, away days, spiritual retreats, skype meetings and other events as required by your line manager
- To carry out other appropriate duties, in line with the purpose of the job, as may be reasonably required by your line manager
Terms and conditions.
- The position is initially for 15 hours a week which may increase over time as further houses are opened, and additional funding secured.
- You will need a flexible and professional approach.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required given the vulnerability of some of our tenants.
- The salary is £22,000-£25,000 (pro rata) based on experience
- Most people applying will be a committed Christian who want to be part of our generous community, combining their faith and professional skills to support the resourcing of God’s kingdom in some way
Crawley & Mid Sussex