One -to-one SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) Mentor
Overview - The job holder will be responsible for working with our SEND service users in delivering respite care by way of fun and engaging sessions involving creative and sporting activities.
The role will involve delivering personal care to the young people in-line with Heartlift policies.
Recruitment for this post will be in line with Heartlift Safer Recruitment Policy including Enhanced DBC and Children’s Barred List.
38 Saturdays per year (daytime hours)
Non term time – 7 weeks per year in-line with Bolton school holidays (daytime hours)
These hours are open to negotiation, just call to enquire.
Minimum wage (negotiable dependent on experience)
Responsibilities, activities and duties (not exhaustive)
- To deliver one to one / group sessions with young people
- To deliver the sessions in accordance with the Heartlift Manual Handling Policy
- To develop and contribute to purposeful activities which engage and provide a fun environment
- To liaise with the young people's families and to ensure that delivery meets their needs.
- To provide a high level of personal care with the young person's dignity being paramount
- To complete and input on risk assessments
- To complete and input on PEEP assessments
- To liaise with professionals and partners as and when required
- To identify and report safeguarding issues
- To maintain accurate and up to date records and reporting in respect of young people.
- To promote innovation and continuous improvement to service delivery
- To demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by reinforcing pro-social behaviour
- To work within the aims and values of Heartlift
- To carry out any other tasks commensurate with the role
- To comply with GDPR requirements and data protection
The job holder is expected to understand that reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level may be necessary.
The job holder must be able to demonstrate the following competencies -
- Leading and communicating
- Building capability for all
- Collaborating and partnering
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Managing a quality service
- Ability to work flexibly.
- To meet the business needs of Heartlift
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to write in clear and concise language
- Qualifications in English, Maths and IT
Please get in touch to express your interest. At the interview you will be required to fill in an application form.
The successful applicant must be empathetic to vision, values and beliefs of this Christian charity.