Hours: Part Time
Location: Ayr, South Ayrshire
Salary: 8 hours per week (Pro rata full time rate of £25,000)
Start Date: Ideally Sep 2021
Closes: 30th Sep 2021
Applicants must be in wholehearted agreement with Harvest Ayr’s mission, vision, basis of faith, doctrinal distinctives, foundational priorities, and ministry strategy (all of which can be found on our website) and be convinced of their effectiveness in building the church.
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
It is also an occupational requirement (Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1), that the post-holder is a committed male Christian.
Harvest Ayr is a new church plant aiming to launch in Autumn 2021 that is providing the exciting opportunity for someone to fulfill the role of Worship Leader alongside the unique ministry experience of being part of a church planting team.
This person will also have a desire to grow and mature in their capacity for worship leading and serving within the church. They will have the opportunity for mentorship with seasoned worship leaders within our Great Commission Collective network as well as theological and pastoral mentoring alongside the Lead Pastor. There will also be opportunities to serve in other ministry areas within the life of the church according to gifting.
This person will be willing to throw themselves into all areas of service within the life of the church due the high commitment and generalist nature of church planting.
They will work closely with the Lead Pastor and be accountable to the Elders in achieving this goal.
The focus of the ministry at Harvest Ayr is to glorify and honour God by fulfilling the mission the Lord gave His followers through the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) in the spirit of the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40).
Worship Ministry Philosophy and Distinctives
But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth (John 4:23-24)
We believe that our highest calling is to worship God and our biggest issues arise from our worship of things other than God. We believe that God has made worship (and sung worship in particular) a means of taking our distracted hearts and directing them towards Him. We believe that worship simultaneously needs to stand on what is true and stir our hearts to deeper affection for Jesus. Our approach to worship is content driven, contemporary in style with the goal of compelling people to set their hearts on Jesus.
With respect to the primary role of Worship Leader, this person must embody and implement Harvest Ayr’s worship ministry philosophy and distinctives. This person will champion a culture of Spirit filled, truth driven corporate worship that aims to glorify Christ with undistracted excellence.
This person will become a member of Harvest Ayr and come under the spiritual oversight and leadership of the elders. They will ideally live local to Ayr and be willing to be fully invested and participative in all aspects of the life and ministry of the church.
Character and Conduct
- Must be maturing spiritually (Colossians 2:6-7) consistent with our vision and culture.
- Must be increasing in the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Must demonstrate a servant’s heart (Mark 10:42-45) and be teachable and humble (Philippians 2:3-7).
- Must be in wholehearted agreement with Harvest Ayr’s mission, vision, basis of faith, doctrinal distinctives, foundational priorities, and ministry strategy and be convinced of their effectiveness in building the church.
- Must embody Harvest Ayr’s mission and culture and lead the ministry in a way that is consistent with this approach.
- Must be an independent and quick learner.
- Must be a team player with good social skills and initiative.
- Must love people.
- Must be musically gifted with worship band experience.
- Must have working knowledge of sound production.
- Working knowledge of Planning Centre ‘Services’ and ProPresenter are desirable but not essential.
- Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, and excellence in leading within the established vision of the Elders.
- Must be committed to ongoing improvement, with an understanding of both strengths and weaknesses.
- Must be committed to the local church and active in building community (Acts 2:42-47).
- Must demonstrate an ability to relate well and work efficiently with the Lead Pastor, the Elders, and any volunteer leadership under their oversight.
- Must be highly motivated and action oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- Must be willing to put in the hours necessary while maintaining a healthy personal and family life.
Weekend Worship Service Responsibilities
- Lead weekly corporate worship services.
- Help identify, recruit, and develop leaders, musicians, vocalists for weekend worship services.
- Lead and care for the worship team.
- Plan weekend worship services in conjunction with the Lead Pastor.
- Plan and direct special worship events and services in conjunction with the Lead Pastor.
- Draft worship schedules and song-lists for all services and special events alongside the Lead Pastor.
- Oversee and direct worship team practices.
- Organise and facilitate training, growth and care of worship team members.
- Research, procure, and provide music and equipment for worship teams.
Ongoing Worship Ministry Responsibilities
- Champion a culture of worship throughout the church.
- Enthusiastically lead worship (or schedule other worship team members to lead worship) for other ministries or events as needed.
- Do other duties as needed and requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Ensure compliance with music and video copyright laws.
- Have a full working knowledge of how to set up and run all technology and equipment required for Sunday services.
- Stay connected and networked with other Great Commission Collective (GCC) Worship Staff to continue to personally grow as a worship leader and be aware of happenings in the Great Commission Collective.
- Grow in personal musical ability.
- Funding for this ministry role is currently only guaranteed for one year but may be extended depending on a 12 month evaluation and the ability to raise future funds.
- Approximate breakdown of main tasks with timing:
- Sunday Worship Service (4 hrs)
- Weekday Evening (TBD)
- Worship Band Practice (2 hrs)
- Weekday (TBD)
- Planning and Preparation (0.5 hr)
- Pastoral Mentorship (1 hr)
- Worship Leader Mentorship with GCC (0.5 hr)
- Other Ministries Worship
- Personal Musical Development
- Team Equipping and Training
- Pastoral mentorship materials will be provided.
- In applying for this role please submit a CV with a one page letter supporting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants being considered will be asked to go through the following.
- Interview Process
- Audition Process
- Harvest Ayr Church Membership Process