PART-TIME CHURCH ADMINISTRATOR
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Pastor
SALARY: £10,000 - £12,000 p.a.
HOURS: Part Time (21 hours pw). The individual will need to work flexibly.
To support the Pastor, Ministerial Assistant and other staff members by organising the practical things necessary to facilitate effective ministry within the church and to the wider community of Great Shelford.
To specifically work alongside The Pastor and Ministerial Assistant
- Supporting them in their ministries by relieving them of administrative demands.
- Working closely with them to plan future ministry programs and oversee their implementation.
Communication and publicity
To be the lynchpin of our communications:
- Welcoming visitors to the church building during the week.
- Making sure there is a consistent, organised, creative and clear process of communication with the church fellowship and the wider community of Great Shelford.
- Producing a weekly communication with notices and details of the church activities (currently The Link).
- Planning and organising the church diary so that activities and ministries function well, and our volunteers feel supported and equipped in their ministry.
Day to Day Church Management
To work with and build a team of volunteers to make sure the day to day needs of the church office are fulfilled by:
- Overseeing the church office, website and social media presence.
- Working alongside the trustee team and ministry team leaders making sure sound practices are adhered to and the church constitution is followed.
- Assisting the Secretary in maintaining good policies and practices concerning data protection, health and safety, employment and recruitment and safeguarding including DBS.
- Maintaining office and other supplies necessary for the smooth running of the church.
- Operating as the line manager for the church cleaner.
- Carrying out similar roles and jobs that may rise from time to time