Gideons UK exists to give everyone the chance to discover God in a personal way. The Office Administrator plays a significant part in ensuring this happens.
This is a great missional opportunity for someone who loves God, loves people and is skilled with office administration. This role will see the Office Administrator work closely with the senior management team at the Gideons UK office in Leicestershire. The right person will be someone with a passion to reach and win the lost for Christ not just in the UK but across the World and understands the critical part excellent administration plays in this mission.
The Gideons have been distributing the word of God around the world since 1899 and continue to impact lives across the world more than a century later. With 300,000 members in 200 nations, The Gideons work closely as a non-denominational organisation with the financial, physical and prayerful support of the global Church. Our members remain committed to humbly, obediently and faithfully doing God’s will at any time, in any place and in any way the Holy Spirit leads them.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Type letters, emails, minutes and other reports.
- Provide general administrative support to the management team.
- File documentation to relevant files and organise files within the overall system.
- Answer telephone calls and deal with general queries from the membership and the general public – letters, emails and telephone calls.
- Assist in the production of Gideon News publication.
- Assist in the production of flyers, brochures and other publicity material, and liaise with designers and printers.
- Prepare paperwork, and send information by email, for National Cabinet Meetings and other committee/working group meetings.
- Produce minutes for National Cabinet Meetings and other committee/working group meetings.
- Distribute minutes for Executive Committee, National Cabinet and other committee/working group meetings
- Process Disclosure applications for members.
- Maintain the holiday calendar.
- Keep note, as provided by staff, of appointments and other times they will be out of office.
The Office Administrator is to carry out such work and to accept such further responsibilities as shall be reasonably required from time to time in order to meet the objective of the Association as already stated. This means that there is an expectation that the right candidate will embrace the occasional requirement to work outside of office hours to ensure that high standards and success criterion are met.
Location and hours
This is a full time (37.5 hours a week), permanent role.
Based within the Lutterworth office where you will be working with inspiring and professional colleagues and within a dynamic environment where your own growth and development will be invested in.
Due to the nature of our organisation and our firm belief that our workplace outcomes are based upon the grace of God and upon faith in Jesus, this role has a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the right candidate be a practicing Christian under the provisions of the Equality Act (2010)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative team in a role that will see you play a significant part in what God is doing through the Gideons UK ministry. Dont delay in applying for this Office Administrator position today!
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to proceed with your application.