Office and HR Manager
This role is an exciting opportunity, to work alongside a team of people, passionate to serve the "least of these" in Asia.
Since 1979, GFA World have been committed to serving in Asia, often in places where no one else is serving, so that people there can experience the love of God for the first time. GFA supports national workers serving as the hands and feet of Christ in four main ways. Sponsoring national missionaries to minister to people’s needs, sponsoring children, investing in community development and helping families in need of care or during disasters.
“Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.” —Zechariah 4:6
By joining this team in Manchester, your daily work will enable the sending of resources to the mission field. This is an opportunity to let God put your talents to use in a Christ-focused ministry with an enormous eternal impact.
In addition to this, GFA will pour into you as an individual to train you up in the skills you need to do this role, and support you through prayer.
You do not need to be experienced within office and HR, but willing to learn and passionate to serve.
Job type: Permanent (full time) or Consistent Volunteer
- Proactively estimate future needs in staff, equipment and procedures, and include plans for such in the overall strategy of the ministry.
- Changing or improving supplies, software, technology, etc. to improve job efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coming under and alongside staff in areas where they need help and support.
- Directing the day-to-day operations so that they run effectively and efficiently.
- Provide administrative support for staff recruitment and staff development.
- Ordering necessary supplies and equipment.
- Processes expenses and invoices.
- Files and archives accurate records.
- Manages health and safety as well as regulations within the office.
- Arranges travel and accommodation plans for office staff when required.
- Conducting orientation for new employees.
- Being available to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Verifying information from new and potential employees.
- Join into and sometimes lead prayer at prayer meeting times.
- Maintain a servant heart and attitude toward the fellow staff.
- Collaborate with others.
- Be self motivated to meet time schedules, deadlines and plan and organise work.
- Work confidentially and with discretion.
- Continue education through training, workshops and online learning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Communication and organisational skills.
- Strong consistency and attention to detail.
- Intermediate principles and techniques of digital development.
- Interpersonal skills using diplomacy, tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Prior Office Management Experience Preferred.
For more information on working with GFA World: www.gfauk.org/joinstaff/