Working with partners across Africa, Asia and the Middle East, Feba is all about the creative use of radio and other audio media to inspire people to follow Jesus Christ. We have a particular focus on ‘closed countries’ and ‘hard-to-reach’ people groups, including places where Christians face persecution for their faith. We are looking for someone to join our team to assist with accounts.
Key responsibilities include:
- • managing financial bookkeeping for all Feba’s day-to-day finances including posting, payment of invoices and other financial transactions within agreed limits;
- • handling all automated and online supporter donations;
- • reconciling bank accounts;
- • preparing and submitting Feba’s Gift Aid claims;
- • providing regular financial reports as required for the CEO, Board of Trustees, Auditors, Companies House and the Charity Commission;
- • liaising with our Payroll provider;
- • assisting in the preparation of budgets and in providing year end information for our Auditors.
You will have:
- • a clear, demonstrable personal Christian faith and a genuine commitment to Feba’s ministry;
- • a minimum of two years’ bookkeeping or other relevant experience. Financial qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- • experience of extracting, interpreting and reporting financial information for senior management;
- • the ability to work efficiently to high standards of accuracy, at both a detailed and ‘big picture’ level, to aid operational and strategic decision making;
- • a high level of competence and confidence in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook;
- • familiarity with a CRM system such as thankQ, and a browser-based accounting package such as QuickBooks;
- • a good grasp of the particular requirements of charity sector finance.
The Feba team is small (currently less than 10 people), all of whom care passionately about what we do. We love to roll up our sleeves, try new ways of doing things and support each other so that we can achieve our goals. If that sounds like you, if you share our vision and values, and if you tick those bullets in the above lists then we’d love to hear from you!
Salary: Based on £21,000 - £23,000 per annum, pro rata
Hours: 30 hours per week (ideally spread over 5 days)
Location: The office is currently in Worthing but a move is likely, when we hope to relocate somewhere between Worthing and Chichester.
Please note that due to COVID-19, all staff are currently working from home.
Closing date: 8th March 2021
Panel interview: 12th March 2021
For more information and application details, please visit the website: www.feba.org.uk/jobs
Please note: This post is subject to an Occupational Requirement that the post holder is a committed evangelical Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.