The Family Trust
Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Permanent Contract – Full or Part Time (minimum 3 days p/w)
Starting Salary - £25,000 Pro Rata
Reporting to: Chief Executive
We’re recruiting for an experienced, enthusiastic fundraising professional to join The Family Trust, a Christian charity working in education, operating across Kent. Working with primary and secondary schools, we seek to promote good quality Christian education with the mission statement ‘Helping children to discover that Christianity is relevant to their daily lives.’
The main purpose of the role is to develop and grow income from individuals, trust funds and local business partners in line with our Fundraising strategy. The Family Trust operates on an annual budget of around £400,000 and we need to widen our sources of income in the short term to ensure the stability of the charity into the future. Applicants should be at ease with working within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and church backgrounds.
- Establish, develop and maintain sustainable relationships with supporters in the local community in order to maximise fundraising potential.
- To research, collate and analyse data that allows for the identification of new fundraising income streams; and donor & volunteer profiles, as well as informing fundraising performance.
- Identifying, creating and developing links with local business partners with the aims of securing sponsorship for various projects and gifts in kind to free up funds for use elsewhere.
- Identifying and writing successful funding bids to appropriate grant-making trusts.
- Assist and contribute to fundraising events throughout the year.
- Establish and maintain accurate record-keeping of all charitable donations received.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the work of The Family Trust and be available to present alongside the Chief Executive to funding panels where necessary.
- Ensure fundraising activity is carried out in accordance with current good practice and within charity law.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Trustees or Chief Executive
Closing date for applications: 27th October 2019
Interviews: Likely to be w/c 11th November 2019
To apply, please complete the attached application form and send it, along with your CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org