Schools Work Team Leader
'Inspiring the next generation to explore Christianity.'
The Family Trust is a Christian charity providing services to primary schools in the Maidstone, Medway and Swale areas of Kent. Established in 1988, we have an excellent track record of delivery over 30 years and our team of staff and volunteers care passionately about providing the best support possible for the students and staff of our local schools.
Christ-Centred - Our belief in Jesus Christ is central to everything we do. We commit everything we do to prayer and aim to treat people the same way Jesus did.
Pupil-Focussed - The pupils with whom we work are the most important people to us. We consider them first in everything that we do.
Educational - We aim to deliver quality teaching about the Christian faith so that pupils are able to grow in their religious literacy and spiritual understanding.
Excellence - We strive to do everything as well as we possibly can. We pour our hearts and souls into everything that we do because we believe that the children with whom we work deserve the very best.
Integrity - We are open and honest with each other and with our beneficiaries. We don’t make promises that we can’t keep and we stick to our principles.
You will be working as a team leader to deliver Christian based education and activities within Medway primary schools.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
Lead the team in Medway
- Design & deliver schools work projects.
- Supervise and appraise schools work staff ensuring the quality and performance of the team meet the required standard.
- Ensure that the creation, planning and preparation of materials for: assemblies, Kingsquads, lessons etc. is carried out in a timely manner and in collaboration with Swale and Maidstone teams.
- Respond to issues arising with schools as a result of our work.
- Be accountable for performance & efficiency of the team, including logistics and scheduling.
- Ensure Health & Safety/Child Protection standards are met.
Develop the work of The Family Trust in Medway
- Develop the staff & associate team, identifying development needs and putting appropriate training plans in place.
- Represent the Medway Family Trust team with local Church, School partners & key stakeholders.
Share in the overall work of The Family Trust
- Contribute to the planning & delivery of residential work (Chequer Tree Camp).
- Contribute to periodic Family Trust Team Leaders’ forums.
- Support fundraising efforts where practical & appropriate.
For more information, view our website and the attached Application Pack
To apply, please return the completed application form and CV, which should include education, qualifications and work experience with dates, explaining any gaps in employment, to firstname.lastname@example.org