Senior Accounts Officer
This crucial role, in a busy mission office, will lead the financial team and report to the Finance and Office Manager. The successful individual will have responsibility for managing the Finance Department’s workflow and coordinating multiple tasks to ensure all financial aspects of donations, remittances and supplier payments, in relation to the charity, are completed to a high standard and within required timescales.
The role requires comprehensive accounting experience, a high level of PC skills with CRM, Financial package and Excel experience, all of which are essential. The successful candidate will also need to be highly organised and comfortable with leading and coordinating with others in the office. The individual will also be responsible for the accounting of a small related charity.
The Senior Accounts Officer is responsible for managing work flow & personnel within the Finance Department. He/she will ensure the donors/suppliers data-bases are kept up-to-date. He/she will ensure efficient processing of financial transaction for donors / beneficiaries and any other income or expenditure. He/she has overall responsibility for administration of Missionaries’ Children’s Fund & the magazine subscriptions process i.e. issuing invoices & processing payments.
- Team Leader – managing work flow & personnel within Finance Department.
- Donor / Suppliers database – ensure information is kept updated & amend as appropriate.
- Oversee & perform Financial processes including - Processing gift income & making payments to Beneficiaries/Suppliers
- Daily reconciliation of bank account.
- Completion Gift Aid Tax Reclamation returns
- Correspondence – dealing with enquiries of a “financial nature.”
- CRM – ensure information is kept updated & amend as appropriate.
- Administration of Missionaries’ Children’s Fund
- Liaison Officer for Mission Workers Savings Scheme
- Regular telephone/email contact with general public.
- Take an active part in the charity’s external events
- Support the charity’s services, education and public affairs activities
- Participate in the overall day to day activities of the Echoes International Team across both offices.
- Get involved in the general admin of the office. Picking up tasks that need to get done which is just part of a busy office to ensure Echoes International reputation is not damaged.
- Work with others in the maintenance & updating of the Echoes International CRM / Document Storage system, ensuring adherence to data protection and good practice.
Computer literate - knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel & Word
Personal Skills - Good organisational skills and a high degree of accuracy. Ability to assimilate information quickly & meet strict deadlines.
Relationships with others - Good interpersonal skills & ability to work in a team situation, adaptable & flexible.
Attitude - Willingness to learn, take responsibility & work on own initiative.
Others - Pleasant telephone manner. Familiarity with Exchequer/Iris Accounting package would be an advantage