**This position is being handled by Christian Jobs as an Executive Search Campaign. All applications will be handled by Christian Jobs in the first instance**
Echoes International is the result of a unique opportunity provided by God to join together Interlink and Echoes of Service, enabling us to bring a new energy to mission.
The combined heritage of over 140 years in supporting mission work and established links with churches and individuals means we can connect more people with the needs of mission today.
The Senior Accountant is a key hire and will be responsible for managing work flow & personnel within the Finance Department. They will ensure the financial aspects of the CRM system, in relation to data, are kept up-to-date. They will ensure efficient processing of financial transaction for donors / beneficiaries, suppliers and any other income or expenditure. They will have overall responsibility for administration of the Missionaries’ Children’s Fund & the magazine subscriptions process i.e. issuing invoices & processing payments.
The Senior Accountant will also deputise for the Finance and Office Manager in his absence and work closely with them in all financial aspects of the charity to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Team Leadership – Managing work flow & personnel within Finance Department
- User experience – Ensuring a good customer experience for anyone using Echoes International financially
- Database Management – Ensure information is kept, updated & amend as appropriate within the CRM
- Oversee & perform financial processes including - Processing gift income & making payments to Beneficiaries/Suppliers
- Daily reconciliation of the bank account
- Completion of Gift Aid tax reclamation returns
- Correspondence – dealing with all enquiries of a “financial nature”
- Administration of the Missionaries’ Children’s Fund
- Liaison Officer for the Mission Workers Savings Scheme
- Regular telephone/ email contact with the general public.
- Deputise for the Finance and Office Manager
- Take an active part in the charity’s external events
- Support the charity’s services, education and public affairs activities
- Participate in the overall day to day activities of the Echoes International Team across both offices (Bath and Glasgow)
- Get involved in the general administration of the office
- Work in conjunction with the Finance and Office Manager to ensure all aspects of the Finance Department are run well
- Work with others to maintain and update the Echoes International CRM/ Document Storage system, ensuring adherence to data protection and good practice
- Computer literate - knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and ideally our CRM package (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Personal Skills - Good organisational skills with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to assimilate information quickly & meet strict deadlines
- Relationships with others - Good interpersonal skills & ability to work in a team situation, adaptable & flexible
- Attitude - Willingness to learn, take responsibility & work on own initiative
- Others - Pleasant telephone manner and familiarity with an accounting package would be an advantage.
- 3 years + accounting/ finance experience
- Strong communication skills (email, phone and face to face)
- Experienced in reconciling bank accounts accurately
- Competent in using CRM systems and keeping accurate and up to date records
- ACCA qualified (Preferable)
- Experience working with a financial system such as SAGE, XERO, Quickbooks, etc. (Preferable)
Genuine Occupational Requirement:
As Echoes International is a Christian charity that supports Mission Partners abroad, and due to the nature of the role and the organisation there is an Occupational Requirement in line with the Equality Act 2010 for the post-holder to be a practising and committed Christian, living their life by Christian values and regularly attending church.
**If you have read this job description and would like to learn more information about the role or apply for the position then please fill out the application form below and send it along with an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.**
|Application Form - Echoes International (Senior Accountant)||729.3 KB|
|Echoes International - Senior Accountant Job Description||63.68 KB|
|Echoes International - Statement of Faith||250 KB|
Bath and North East Somerset