DCF is a growing church currently made up of around 170 people across all age groups and from all over Swansea.
We strive to make Jesus Christ the heartbeat of the church and for everything we do to be done in response to what God has done for us. We have a team who oversee the church with some employed staff, yet our DNA is to get everyone involved to serve each other.
We are looking to appoint an individual who seeks to be Christ-centred, bible-focussed and servant-hearted as they carry out the role of an assistant pastor.
This role sits within our understanding of the plurality of leadership and sits alongside the pastor and leadership team in serving the church and reaching out to the wider community.
Purpose of job
The assistant pastor will oversee and take an active role in various internal and external ministries at DCF. Some elements of the role may be flexible and tailored to suit the particular gifting of the right individual but will include most if not all of the following areas:
- Participation with the pastor and leadership team in developing and agreeing strategy and direction for the church ministries
- Co-ordination and active participation in either the children’s or youth ministries at the church.
- Involvement in the Sunday preaching.
- Responsibility for helping to lead services
- Active involvement in preparing and delivering Life Groups (small groups) in homes.
- Mentor and train potential leaders in becoming a disciple-making church.
- Supporting and helping co-ordinate the pastoral care ministry.
- Planning, promotion and leading of various community focused courses e
- Seek opportunities to reach the community with the Word of God.
- Help launch, coordinate and support other projects in the church.
- Support any future developments in church planting and / or church resourcing.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2021 and we expect to be conducting interviews shortly after this. Starting date for this position is negotiable up to September 2021.
For full job description and further information please email email@example.com