Youth and Families Worker
Diocese of Sheffield
Wath-upon-Dearne, Brampton and Wombwell are three adjacent parishes along the south side of the Dearne Valley, with a shared a mining heritage. The arrival of new families and the emergence of a generation for whom coal mining is a classroom lesson, not a memory, offers a new start for the Church, which still retains a strong foothold in people’s affections. This mission partnership is a group of three churches in the Dearne Valley area, and is to become a Resourcing Church to the area. The three churches in this mission partnership are; All Saints Wath, St Mary’s Wombwell with St George’s Jump and Christ Church Brampton Bierlow. As a Resourcing Church this role will be part of an extended team including two growth focused incumbents, a Children and Families CP post, worship leader and administrator. This is an amazing opportunity to join this new team at the beginning of a journey.
What we need you to do
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To develop and oversee the work with young people and families, in the parishes of Wath, Brampton and Wombwell, drawing, developing and discipling a new generation of young people in the Christian faith.
- To build and support teams to be involved in the development and delivery of the work.
- To be a member of the staff team at the Dearne Valley South Resource Church.
- To be a member of the Centenary Project Worker Network.
Who we are looking for
It is a genuine requirement that the post-holder should be a communicant member of the Church of England or a full member of a Church within Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. We need someone who:
- Has a clear understanding of young people and principles of children’s and youth work.
- Has good people and communication skills, appropriate for connecting with children, young people and families, interacting with the church family and reaching the community.
- Specific gift(s) or interest(s) that could be a focus for attracting young people.
- Is able to speak with sincerity about matters of Christian faith in an informed, effective and nonjudgemental way.
- Able to relate effectively with a wide spectrum of people, both adults and children.
- First-hand experience of leading or co-ordinating activities for children and young people that are appropriate for the context.
- Able to present a strong Christian role model.
For more details, including a full person specification or application form, please contact:
01709 309 100
Diocese of Sheffield
Wath upon Dearne