Children and Families Worker, St John the Baptist Penistone
What we Need You To Do
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To coordinate the children, and families ministry in Penistone enabling children and young people to progress through the various ministries.
- To initiate new ministries to engage with young families from the wider community; recruiting, training and equipping a team of volunteers to support the work.
- To be a member of the Centenary Project Worker Network.
Who We Are Looking For
It is a genuine requirement that the post-holder should be a communicant member of the Church of England or a full member of a Church within Churches Together in Britain and Ireland.
We need someone who:
- Has a clear understanding of young people and principles of children’s work.
- Has good people and communication skills, appropriate for connecting with children and families, interacting with the church family and reaching the community.
- Specific gift(s) or interest(s) that could be a focus for attracting young people.
- Is able to speak with sincerity about matters of Christian faith in an informed, effective and non-judgmental way.
- Able to relate effectively with a wide spectrum of people, both adults and children & young people.
- First-hand experience of leading or co-ordinating activities for children and families that are appropriate for the context.
- Commitment to engage in professional and spiritual development.
Full details can be found here: https://www.sheffield.anglican.org/centenary-project-vacancies