Children and Families Worker St John the Baptist Penistone
St John's Church - Based in Penistone, a semi rural market town, and is a key church within the Penistone and Thurlstone Team Ministry.
Over the years it has taken a lead in the mixed economy approach to worship and church life.
In recent years it has responded well to the diocesan strategy with its emphasis on renewal, especially in its ministry towards children and families.
As well as its links to four other churches, including the neighbouring parish of Thurlstone, it also has strong links with the Church school, one of the largest primary schools within the borough of Barnsley.
About the role
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To co-ordinate the children, and families ministry in Penistone enabling children and young people to progress through the various ministries.
- To initiate new ministries to engage with young families from the wider community; recruiting, training and equipping a team of volunteers to support the work.
- To be a member of the Centenary Project Worker Network.
It is a genuine requirement that the post-holder should be a communicant member of the Church of England or a full member of a Church within Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. We need someone who:
- Has a clear understanding of young people and principles of children’s work.
- Has good people and communication skills, appropriate for connecting with children and families, interacting with the church family and reaching the community.
- Specific gift(s) or interest(s) that could be a focus for attracting young people.
- Is able to speak with sincerity about matters of Christian faith in an informed, effective and nonjudgmental way.
- Able to relate effectively with a wide spectrum of people, both adults and children & young people.
- First-hand experience of leading or co-ordinating activities for children and families that are appropriate for the context.
- Commitment to engage in professional and spiritual development.
How to apply
For more details, including a full person spec. or application form, please contact:
Info@centenaryproject.org.uk 01709 309 100
For more information, please see the following website: www.centenaryproject.org.uk
Closing Date: Monday 20th April (noon)
Interview Date: Tuesday 28th April 2020