Children and Families Worker Ardsley and Thurnscoe
Based in Ardsley we are a place for God’s people to gather, to share, to learn, worship and then to take God’s love out in to the community. We welcome all people to our church services whether young or old.
Our mission is to present Christ's message, and by our example to share His love in service to the parish and wherever God calls; to grow through prayer, worship, teaching and friendship; and to bring people closer to God and to each other.
The beautiful church of St Helen’s has served the village of Thurnscoe since Saxon times. Our vision is to grow what exists, explore new opportunities and use the people and church of St Helen’s to bring God’s love in Jesus to the heart of the community of Thurnscoe.
We have a lively calendar, including All-Age Worship each month, seasonal Messy Church and good links with the village primary schools. We are keen to build on these areas and are excited about the possibilities of working with a Centenary Project Worker in the future.
Both churches are excited about the possibility of sharing the love of Jesus across all generations.
What we need you to do:
- To co-ordinate the children, and families ministry at Christ Church Ardsley and St Helen’s Thurnscoe enabling children and young people to progress through the various ministries.
- To initiate new ministries to engage with children and families from the wider community; recruiting, training and equipping a team of volunteers to support the work.
- To be a member of the Centenary Project Worker Network
Who We Are Looking For
It is a genuine requirement that the post-holder should be a communicant member of the Church of England or a full member of a Church within Churches Together in Britain and Ireland.
We need someone who:
- Has a clear understanding of young people and principles of children’s work.
- Has good people and communication skills, appropriate for connecting with children and families, interacting with the church family and reaching the community.
- Specific gift(s) or interest(s) that could be a focus for attracting young people.
- Is able to speak with sincerity about matters of Christian faith in an informed, effective and nonjudgmental way.
- Able to relate effectively with a wide spectrum of people, both adults and children & young people.
- First-hand experience of leading or co-ordinating activities for children and families that are appropriate for the context.
- Commitment to engage in professional and spiritual development.
Full details at: https://www.sheffield.anglican.org/centenary-project-vacancies