Director of Finance & Operations
**This position is being handled by Christian Jobs as an Executive Search Campaign. All applications will be handled by the Christian Jobs in the first instance**
Reporting to the Mission Director, the Director of Finance & Operations has responsibility for all financial matters relating to the society and the support infrastructure that underpins the work of Crosslinks in achieving its' objectives.
This role is based at the Crosslinks head office (251 Lewisham Way, London, SE4 1XF) but may occasionally require UK and overseas travel.
The Director of Finance & Operations has four direct reports: Accountant, Bookkeeper, IT Manager and Office Administrator. The post holder is also supported by the Executive Assistant & PA to the Mission Director.
To be responsible for all financial matters. To ensure the ongoing, overall financial health of the society, by the provision and management of budgets, monthly management accounts, statutory accounts, and the effective management of all the Society’s investments, pensions and properties.
To have responsibility for the Human Resource function for UK based staff; ensuring an effective system for the recruitment, management, training, development and support of all staff to achieve the Society’s objectives. Compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements relating to employment matters.
To oversee and develop the IT infrastructure in order to best support the activities of the society and comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
To ensure the necessary resources are provided and proper standards maintained for the protection of staff, including any legal or regulatory requirements, health and safety matters, risk management and the maintenance and security of property. This will include the establishment and maintenance of appropriate administrative systems to support all the activities of the Society.
Board of Trustees
To ensure, in conjunction with the Mission Director, that Crosslinks' Board of Trustees is supported, through the provision of a corporate secretarial type function and of appropriate advice and information on all relevant matters. This will include ensuring that the Society is compliant with all legal, financial and personnel obligations under UK Law and Charity Legislation.
Plays a full part in the senior leadership team under the Mission Director to achieve all the Society’s objectives.
Anything else requested by the Mission Director commensurate with the post.
- A mature and committed Christian, seeking to live in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ; who has crystal-clear and strongly held evangelical convictions, and is prepared to align themselves with and sign the Crosslinks ‘Basis of the Society’.
- Someone who has a biblical understanding of mission, being able to own Crosslinks’ vision of taking God’s word to God’s world.
- A leader who is flexible, servant hearted; able to inspire others and to fulfil the variety of responsibilities in the job description above.
- An understanding of the Church of England and the worldwide Anglican Communion would be beneficial but not essential.
- Not disqualified from holding a senior management role in a charity.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous management experience at a similar level.
- A working knowledge of charity finance and accounting and legal requirements relevant to the Society.
- A demonstrable level of effective organisational and project management skills, and ability to work well within a busy, multi-disciplinary team and office environment.
- Ability to handle deadlines against changing or conflicting priorities.
- A willingness to be ‘hands on’ as may be occasionally required, in order to ensure the Society is run effectively and efficiently at all times.
- Excellent communication skills. An ability to communicate in a way that is gospel-focused and grace-driven.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office 365 and an awareness of how this and other technology might best be applied to support the Society.
- Experience of management/leadership, at a senior level, within a Christian organisation.
- Appropriate qualifications would be desirable. (CIPD, ACCA, PRINCE2, etc.)
- High level experience of Human Resources management.
- Experience with budgeting, fundraising, investment management and pension liabilities.
- Experience with charity governance and corporate secretarial responsibility.
**If you have read this job description and would like to learn more information about the role or apply for the position then please fill out the application form below and send it along with an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.**
|Application form - Crosslinks (Director of Finance & Operations)||729.46 KB|
|Crosslinks Basis of Faith||189.84 KB|
|Charity Senior Management Disqualification Form||415.51 KB|
|Crosslinks - Job Description (Director of Finance & Operations)||89.3 KB|