School's and Children's & Young People Worker
Who We Are
The CROSS project is a Christian initiative supported by a broad base of churches in the Wakefield area. The Project was established in 1992 to serve secondary schools in this area. The project employs a small team of schools workers who support schools. They work with churches and other youth workers in Wakefield to present Christianity to young people in a relevant way, and offer support to young people in their school years. They do this in a variety of ways such as; Lessons, Clubs, Assemblies, Chaplaincy Work, Prayer Spaces in Schools, Year 7 Induction Support and Mentoring.
About the Role
Ecumenical Christian charity The CROSS Project and St Catherine's Church are recruiting someone:
- With a love for Jesus, the gospel and the church.
- Who will work in Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Who can prepare and deliver RE Lessons, assemblies, lunch & after-school groups, one-to-one & group mentoring, girls/boys groups and chaplaincy work.
- Who will engage in other one off exciting opportunities like Prayer Spaces in schools and Youth Events.
- Who has scope for using individual talents and passions as well as focus on serving the schools' immediate need.
- Who can be a ‘bridge-builder’ with a gift for befriending children and young people.
- Who is able to relate the gospel effectively to those inside and outside of the church.
- Who can further develop St Catherine's ministry to and with young people and families.
- Who is a good team player.
- Who will commit to being a worshipping member of St Catherine's.
- Who will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
If you fit this criteria, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01924 215588.
|Christian Schools and Children's & Young People Worker||1.13 MB|
|Job Description||255.96 KB|
|Person Specification||226.74 KB|
|Application Form||99.46 KB|