Deputy Care Home Manager
Cornerstone Trust are seeking to appoint a Deputy Manager , 35 hours per week, based at Thicketford Place in Bolton. The Christian Charity provides residential care for adults age 18-65 who have severe learning disabilities and autism.
The position will suit someone who can motivate, inspire and lead by example in person centred practice, applying Christian principals.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To positively support each service user in accordance with their care plan and in line with Cornerstone Trust’s principle of ‘Personal Value’ as described in the Mission Statement. To assist the Service Manager with the day-to-day operation of the Trust’s services and to ensure high quality within a Christian ethos.
The specific duties of this post should be organised both within a Christian ethos and within the context of person centred planning and include the following:
• Lead and supervise staff on shift, motivating, inspiring and ensuring good interaction with residents at the appropriate level.
• Undertake daily living tasks such as cleaning, cooking and laundry when a service user is unable to do so. Encourage independence of service users.
• Support service users with their care needs in accordance with their care plan and promote good care practices.
• Support service users in community based activities, including driving the house vehicle and taking driver responsibility for the vehicle e.g. fuel, booking services.
• Contribute to the risk management process and health and safety needs.
• Work positively within the team and be supportive to staff
• Attend all in-house and external training as required.
• Support service users with their finances, keeping records of transactions.
• Complete care plan monitoring records and oversee that care plans, eating plans and dietary requirements are being followed.
• Oversee medication supplies and returns, and ensure medication procedures and policies are followed.
• Oversee weekly household ordering and stock control of medication, care products, food and replacements of household goods.
• Record and report household building faults to the Service Manager. Follow up when required and ensure a safe environment is maintained.
• Allocate bank work shifts fairly and in adequate time to ensure the rota works successfully.
• Cover any rota gaps so that appointments and meetings can take place.
• Deputise for the Service Manager when absent.
• Attend meetings at the request of the Service Manager and note take if required.
• Contribute to the training and induction of new staff.
• Conduct some aspects of health and safety as directed by the Service Manager.
• Communicate well with staff, Service Manager, outside agencies, Trustees and families of service users.
• Conduct supervisions of bank staff and part time staff .
If you are experienced in Health and Social Care and can adapt to both hands on care and management duties please send your CV to
email firstname.lastname@example.org or for informal discussion ring Tracy Gallimore on 01204 392043 ( option 2 )
|Job Description||100.82 KB|
|Cornerstone Leaflet & Info||906.7 KB|
|Deputy Manager Person Specification - RB updates_0.pdf||67.24 KB|