Support Worker - Learning Disabilities (with UK driving licence)
About Cornerstone Trust
Who We Are
Cornerstone Trust is an evangelical Christian foundation registered with the Charity Commission and established over 20 years ago to provide support and development for vulnerable people preferably within their local community.
What We Do
Cornerstone Trust provides residential services for young adults and people with significant learning disabilities including Autism Spectrum Condition in the North West of England.
Our vision is to offer services which promote personalisation, inclusion, independence, choice, human dignity and spirituality. The focus of our work with the people we are responsible for is organised within the framework of Person Centred Planning.
About the Role
- To encourage and support individuals to carry out daily living tasks
- To undertake daily living tasks such as cleaning, cooking and laundry when a person is unable to do so.
- To support people with their care needs in accordance with their care plan.
- To support people in community based activities, including driving a vehicle.
- To contribute to the risk management process and health and safety needs.
- To work positively within the team and be supportive to colleagues.
- To attend regular staff, service users and service meetings as required.
- To attend all in-house and external training as required
- To support each person with their finances.
- To keep cash records of all transactions.
- To complete care plan monitoring records.
- To work in a safe and considerate way.
- To work in partnership with each individual according to Person Centred Principles.
- To promote and work within the Trust’s Mission Statement, Policies, Procedures and Christian Ethos.
- To undertake any other duties connected with the post as may be required
- To Drive the work vehicle
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive, but merely a guide to the main areas of responsibility and is subject to change in accordance with the service.
Please send CV to the email address or postal address provided . Please see other document (attached below) which includes person spec