Head of Donor Relationships (Part-Time)
Cornerstone Resources Limited
CORNERSTONE RESOURCES ARE WORKING WITH PRESS RED TO FIND THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THIS EXCITING NEW PART-TIME ROLE.
Are you shocked about the level of violence against women and girls and the harm it brings not just to the victims but their families, friends and communities?
Do you want to be part of a passionate, innovative Christian organisation, inspiring people to support the work we do and the difference we make?
Why work for us?
We shine a light on gender violence.
We tackle all the different forms of worldwide violence against women, working as the first step in the process of individuals, churches, and organisations realising the scale of the abuse taking place and getting involved with specialist charities and experts to help make a difference.
We are a force for change, leading a movement of people, churches and other organisations who refuse to accept the status quo and are committed to helping bring hope and healing into deeply painful situations.
Visit our site for more information on our values and vision: http://pressred.org/
Interested? Read on….
This is a part-time role, working 2 days per week and based mainly from home. The detailed annual salary will be pro-rated.
This role is about proactively cultivating relationships with new donors and strengthening relationships with existing donors, as well as building and implementing a strategy to continue to raise vital funds for Press Red.
If you do have some experience of fundraising, it would be ideal but not essential as we can provide the necessary training and support for you.
We are looking for a confident ‘people person’ who can easily form, build and strengthen relationships and inspire potential donors to support Press Red, whether it’s over the phone or face-to-face.
In return, you will be welcomed into a supportive and friendly environment where you will have the opportunity to grow, develop and maximise your potential.
What you must have
- Belief in and passion for the work of Press Red
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – articulate and fluent in English
- Great interpersonal skills with a real confidence when speaking to a range of people, whether a new volunteer or a long-standing donor
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own just as well as in a team
- Good influencing skills to inspire others to support a cause
- Passion for excellent customer care
- A positive, problem-solving approach when faced with challenges
- A proactive approach: self-motivated and able to manage own time and workload
- IT skills – proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point
This role acts as a public-facing representative of Press Red, a Christian charity. In accordance with Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010, the role holder must be a committed Christian who agrees with our core values and beliefs, as outlined in our Mission Statement.
It would be nice if you had
- Experience of community or charity fundraising
- Experience of setting up and running events
- An understanding of the charity sector
- Familiar with social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of developing new fundraising resources
How to apply
We’re looking for someone to start with us as soon as possible, so please send your CV along with an explanation of why you would like to apply for this role, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure we receive your application by 5 p.m. on Thursday 4th April 2019.
Interviews are likely to take place w/c 29th April 2019 in Manchester.
Please note: satisfactory references and evidence of the correct permission to work in the UK will be required before the successful applicant could take up the post.