Head Office Training Developer
Christians Against Poverty
People & Culture have a mission to see CAP as the most desirable workplace of the Christian world; attracting and retaining the very best people. We are guardians of our culture, attractors of talent, skills and ability transformers, ensuring all CAP’s people have an enriched, and healthy work experience; all this to see CAP fulfill it’s vision.
The People Transformation team, sitting within People & Culture, aim to ensure all staff have the option to maximise their potential in their current role and future career. We believe becoming a fantastic and stronger employee doesn’t just happen by accident and we are here to help that.
The People Transformation Training Developer reports to the Talent and Leadership Development Manager. They are responsible for ensuring high quality training and development happens across CAP. They will do this by applying industry leading best practice to meet training needs, administer training progression for relevant individuals and teams and help transform working practices to create the best employees possible. This role will not just focus on training but also help influence the culture and practice around personal development within Head Office, through a variety of methods including but not limited to helping run 360 processes or conducting PDP reviews. This role is key to ensure People Transformation are able to meet the needs of the growing workforce and continued specialisation within roles across CAP.
We are passionate about making sure every person in the organisation is working to their full potential, and that they have access to industry leading training and development practices so that they can thrive in their roles.
We are creative, strategic and organisationally focussed. We aim to be first class learning experts in order to serve CAP in the best way possible, and will champion a learning culture relentlessly.
- To run coaching sessions for team members or 360 processes as required by the People Transformation team.
- To ensure knowledge and best practice is shared across the People and Culture team.
- Co-ordinate training as required for Head Office.
- Ensure stakeholder communication is excellent on the run up to training events
- Deliver high quality relevant sessions when required
- Assist with the coordination and analysis of any training needs analysis across CAP
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing training through feedback and evaluation, and coordinate changes where needed
- Ensure resources for training are consistently high quality
- To run workshops and focus groups.
- To be responsible for some administration and communication tasks required by the People Transformation Team
- Achieve 95% positive feedback from delegates training activities
- Achieve positive feedback from coaching and 360 processes
- All delegates/trainee/speaker communication to be sent within agreed deadlines
- Meet set deadlines for the preparation of all training resources ahead of events
- Achieve consistently positive feedback from all stakeholders major stakeholders
- Deliver training needs analysis results to agreed deadlines
- Projects/tasks set by Head of People Transformation and Talent and Leadership Development Manager completed on time and to expected standard
- Clearly live out and embrace the cultural values of CAP
- Clearly demonstrate a heart and passion for the charity
Other responsibilities include
- Being willing to pray with staff
- To encourage friends, family and other contacts to support the charity through the Life Changer program, and other fundraising initiatives.
The above job profile is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
- A level or NVQ level education
- Learning or professional development qualification (e.g. CIPD), desirable
- Experience of running learning or training sessions.
- Experience of co-ordinating training across a medium to large sized organisation.
- Experience of working with stakeholders to establish desired learning outcomes.
- Experience of delivering and arranging training sessions.
- Administration experience
- Experience of running workshops or focus groups.
- Coaching experience, ideally up to management level.
- Creative, professional and inspiring approach to learning
- Ability to work in a decisive and efficient manner
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt quickly
- Ability to influence.
- Ability to inspire staff and managers about the process and benefits of learning and development
- Ability to prioritise time, tasks and attention effectively
- Excellent communication at all levels.
- Ability to make good decisions and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail.
- A strategic thinker.
- Good understanding of organisation aims and organisational awareness.
- Exercises innovative thinking.
- Able to hold a good balance between detail and the 'big picture'.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to understand the human factors involved in the role.
- High level of discretion.
- The candidate must be able to give both verbal assent to and practical demonstration of Christians Against Poverty’s Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must be able to actively participate in prayer and worship, whether individual, small group or corporately, as an expression of own personal faith and in line with CAP’s Statement of Faith.