Internal Communications Lead
Christians Against Poverty
People & Culture have a mission to see CAP as a highly desirable workplace of the Christian world; attracting and retaining the very best people. We are the champions of our culture, magnets of talent, skills and ability transformers, ensuring all CAP’s people have an enriched, and healthy work experience; all this to see CAP fulfill its vision. Excellent and effective communication is critical to achieving this.
As a multi-faceted and dynamic organisation, CAP requires an internal communications strategy that enables all the groups who make up our internal audiences to unite around their passion to tackle UK poverty. Unified and clear communication will equip the charity to focus and progress towards achieving its goals.
The role of the Internal Communications Lead is to ensure all internal communication within CAP is prioritised and managed with excellence. This role will sit within the People & Culture department, but also work with the Communications department, and Core Team. The aim of the role is to achieve clarity for all of CAP’s internal audiences on key messaging, cultural and strategic priorities and all change programs or projects; creating a clear and coherent communication strategy across the organisation.
We are extremely passionate about making and keeping CAP a great workplace, treating people fairly, developing people so that both they and CAP achieve their full potential and having lots of fun as we go.
We are professional and competent whilst being compassionate and ‘make it happen’ kind of people.
Location: CAP, Jubilee Mill, North Street, Bradford, BD1 4EW
Hours: 30.0- 37.5 per week
- Responsible to the Internal Communication Board to achieve excellent coherent and strategic communication to all internal CAP audiences.
- Assist with communication strategies and provide guidance to Core Team and wider leadership team on all messaging and communication for internal audiences.
- Working 2 days per week in the Communications department, build a strong and effective internal communication ‘brand’ and ‘tone’ in line with CAP’s aspired culture and values.
- Ensure all internal communication is aligned with CAP’s strategic priorities and supports cultural and organisational transformation work.
- Ensure CAP’s values are represented in all internal communication.
- Support the CEO and Core Team to ensure clarity of priorities and strategies is achieved to CAP’s internal audiences (wider leadership, managers, teams and frontline workers)
- Provide communication strategy and guidance to all Programme and Project Managers to ensure excellent communication is delivered before, during and after project work.
- As part of the Internal Communications Board, ensure any internal communication and messaging aligns with all external communication and messaging, especially to the church or external partners.
- Ensure effective and actionable listening and engagement strategies are pursued by all leadership at CAP.
- Responsible for innovation around internal communication tools eg digital/mobile.
- Responsible for ensuring all internal communication is accessible to all CAP’s workers (eg subtitled videos)
- Quality control all day to day internal communications (head office emails, announcements, staff meetings) is in line with agreed tone and voice, and is both accessible, efficient and effective.
- Achieve a clear improvement in communication and engagement through agreed measurable outputs.
- Achieve 95% satisfaction rating in stakeholder engagement.
- Achieve improvement in staff survey scores relating to communication (including engagement and listening measures)
- Have communication strategies in place for all change programs or larger projects.
- Achieve target low number of all HO emails per month
- Clearly live out and embrace the cultural values of CAP.
- Clearly demonstrate a heart and passion for the charity.
- Sincere acceptance, understanding and practice of the Christian ethos and purpose of the Charity.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Being willing to pray with staff and be fully engaged with our Christ centered culture.
- To encourage friends, family and other contacts to support the charity through the Life Changer program, and other fundraising initiatives.
- Attendance at annual CAP staff conferences
The above job profile is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
- A’ level education (English not essential, but preferred)
- Project management qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a mid to large sized organisation
- 3 years’ experience of working in a strategic communication role
- Experience of working in a Mac and Google Suite environment
- Experience of using digital communication tools
- Good strategic insight and understanding of organisational aims.
- A strategic thinker.
- An ability to lead in a wide range of settings.
- Excellent communicator at all levels, to all audiences
- A confident communicator who promotes CAP’s culture and values at all times.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong creative and innovative skills and an eye for detail.
- Proactive in initiating ideas.
- Ability to develop relationships with other teams and managers
- Excellent skills in Word and Excel
- The candidate must be able to give both verbal assent to and practical demonstration of Christians Against Poverty’s Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Must be able to actively participate in prayer and worship, whether individual, small group or corporately, as an expression of own personal faith and in line with CAP’s Statement of Faith.
All adults working in, or on behalf of CAP have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults. This includes: A responsibility to ensure a safe environment in which CAP Services can be delivered. Identify children and adults where there may be safeguarding concerns and to follow the CAP Safeguarding Policy in addressing any concerns appropriately.
How to apply
Complete the application form attached and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Christians Against Poverty