Head of School
Are you an experienced School Director / Headteacher with International Baccalaureate experience, who would love to be involved in leading a brand new, pupil-focused Christian School in South Korea?
**This position is being handled by Christian Jobs as an Executive Search Campaign. All applications will be handled by the Christian Jobs in the first instance**
South Korea is one of the most thriving areas in Asia, with a rapidly growing popularity for business and commerce. Luova Education has a track record of establishing faith schools around the world and have chosen Busan, South Korea as their next project.
Victory Christian International School of Yangsan will be a distinctively Christian school in which we as individuals achieve and thrive with dignity, knowing we are loved by God. It’s aim is to create a supportive and exciting environment where children are given countless opportunities to grow, learn and to aim for excellence in all they do and develop enquiring minds.
VCS is looking for a highly-skilled education leader who can help shape the future of the school and establish a blueprint for future school openings across Asia. This means you will be directly responsible for establishing the setup and development of the school within the region. Due to the nature of the school, its curriculum and its Christian faith-based ethos, there is a genuine occupational requirement attached in that the post-holder be a practising and committed Christian.
• Offer inspirational leadership skills?
• Provide the drive and ability to bring our vision to fruition?
• Demonstrate several years experience in leading a school (in particular overseas)?
• Help us become an innovative, cross curricular place to learn?
• Maintain and grow the strong Christian ethos of Victory Christian School?
• Dedicate a minimum of 3 years on this exciting project?
• A competitive salary plus generous benefits package (inc pension, health and employment insurance)
• Opportunities to work flexibly
• Access to rich and diverse CPD opportunities
• A relocation package
• Up to $35,000 per year towards accommodation
• Thoughtful, charitable and supportive families who enjoy being part of school life
• Supportive partnerships within the community
• Opportunities to work alongside local cluster groups on various projects
• A thought-provoking, knowledgeable and supportive board of trustees
• Well-maintained buildings and grounds, providing a safe, calm and well-ordered and resourced environment for pupils and staff (inc. open spaces and a gym)
• A 1:10 ratio of teachers to children
• A well-managed, balanced budget
• A caring and happy environment, with a strong ethos and values that reflect our Christian ethos
The Headteacher will play an integral part of the screening process for all new teacher appointments within the school. The successful candidates tenure will begin in August 2020 (if not earlier), ready for the new school year in September 2020. If you feel you have the right experience and are passionate about the above, please apply and our team will be in touch.
*This position is being handled by Christian Jobs as an Executive Search Campaign. All applications will be handled by the Christian Jobs in the first instance*
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Guide the school/community toward achieving the vision, philosophy, and goals of International Baccalaureate
- Coordinate all activities of the International Baccalaureate (IB) program and serve as a mentor/coach to staff
- Take a leadership role in designing/implementing/assessing curriculum to meet individual needs, interest, and abilities of students
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration, peers, and stakeholders
- Perform classroom visitations and demonstrations
- Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required
- Assess the accomplishments of the program on a periodic basis
- Keep notebook and electronic record of program to have available for International Baccalaureate self-study during IB evaluation processes/visits
- Assist teachers in implementing traditional and non-traditional assessment measures
- Plan/conduct on-going staff development and site visits for staff and community
- Maintain International Baccalaureate budget and requisition materials
- Serve as liaison to International Baccalaureate district office and the campus
- Assist with the master schedule and teacher scheduling problems
- Select and purchase materials
- Assist in the selection of quality books, equipment, and other instructional materials that integrate curriculum objectives
- Be responsible for receiving and maintaining textbooks, study materials, teaching supplies, and classroom equipment, keep a current inventory of all items, and provide the inventory and the International Baccalaureate budget upon request
- Work to maintain and improve professional competence
- Comply with district policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations
- Adhere to the district’s safety policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality in the conduct of district business
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of walking and interacting with students and/or district employees in the specific work site assigned (classroom or office setting)
**If you have read this job description and would like to learn more information about the role or apply for the position then please send a completed application form (attached below) and an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.**