We are looking for an exceptionally friendly person who is organised, trustworthy and competent in the duties required of a campsite coordinator. Primarily duties will be focused around the coordination of two campsites one of which is only open for up to 2 months each year. Secondly you will assist with the running of a camping shop and caravan storage compound.
The two camp sites are about a mile apart within Cannock Chase, an area of Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a popular tourist and visitor area for the Midlands and nationally acclaimed Mountain Bike trails.
Our main site is based at Pye Green, about three miles away, where we run the Caravan storage site, Chase Outdoors Camping shop and various other activities. These include a church and charity, Pye Green Christian Centre, a large foodbank, Supported Housing for the homeless and a Garden Centre, Fuchsia World, which is run as an enterprise supporting the charity work.”
Main Duties will include:
- Performing an early afternoon and evening check on an unmanned camp site on Cannock Chase.
- Checking in arrivals
- Spot Checks for those staying on site
- Responding to e-mail and phone call enquires.
- Responding to customer problems
- Cleaning 2 x Elsan waste points and touch points daily. Perform daily litter picks.
- Covering out of hours emergency calls from the campsite.
- Posting on the site’s social media
- Staying on our pop-up site for the summer dates when it is open and coordinating the running of said site.
- Assisting with the day to day running of a camping accessories shop and caravan storage site.
- Extremely friendly and helpful personality, keen to become part of the team at Pye Green.
- Good organisational skills and a love of the outdoor
- Competent using a computer and smart phone device.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Desktop publishing software would be preferable.
- Competent in taking telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Have own transport
- Physically fit enough to walk around a very large field throughout the day and carry out manual lifting
- Competent in cleaning toilets and waste points
- Have the people skills to enforce site rules in a non-officious manner.
Role: Permanent with 6 months probationary period.
Pay: Exceeds Minimum Wage
Hours: 40 Hours per week, will need to include weekends and over time in busy summer and bank holiday periods.
Holiday: 28 days (Not during busy periods)
Start Date: April 2021
We would welcome applicants of all ages and backgrounds who feel the above would be an enjoyable job for them. We’re also happy to look at contract terms that would suit applicants’ current commitments.
Our working environment is friendly, and family orientated, we share an ethos of working with local charities.
We would welcome applicants of all ages and backgrounds who feel the above would be an enjoyable job for them. We are also happy to look at contract terms that would suit applicants’ current commitments and would welcome contact from those who may not tick every box but still thinks they are ideal for the role.
Prospective applicants should write an introductory e-mail to email@example.com