Leader in Families Ministry
Chalfont St. Giles Parish Church - Buckinghamshire
Leader in Families Ministry.
- To be a key member of a team working collaboratively to build up a Christian community for this, and the next generation, with a brief to adapt and change existing formats with PCC approval if significant.
- To share God’s love by bringing both families and children (0-18) into an active Christian faith and involvement in family focussed activities within the Church.
- To work with the Children and Families Team and the Clergy Team and make appropriate changes.
- The Families Worker is mentored by the Children and Family committee chair and one team member.
- To work collaboratively with and report to the Rector and Clergy Team.
- To review all current family provision, including Sunday services, Toddler groups, Teenage groups, Choir Social sessions, Family services at 4pm, and Messy Church.
- To interact and review the needs of the Church and wider community to ascertain what needs exist, and what families would find helpful and meaningful.
- To report back a plan of action in order to reach out and engage with families and young people.
- To be highly competent in the use of modern technology and social media.
- To innovate and provide considered recommendations containing achievable targets in order to attract and retain children and families in our Church community.
- To plan and to set up actions for outreach and development among families with children in the wider community.
- Although a full-time post, part time hours could be considered for the right candidate.
- The role includes some flexibility, including agreed weekdays and Sundays.
Salary: Up to £25,000 pa (based on a 37.5 hour week).
For details and full advert, or to discuss, please email Kate Southworth email@example.com
Chalfont St Giles