Key Responsibilities specific to this role:
- To work as part of the maintenance team to effectively and efficiently maintain the property inside and outside, and make such improvements as are agreed;
- To participate as one of the on-call rota to provide emergency cover during the year’s programmes;
- To supervise, train and work alongside voluntary workers, and undertake grounds work as required;
- To oversee the fire risk of the site, planning necessary work and completing audit checks in order to improve the overall safety to students, guests and staff;
- To ensure the health and safety standards are observed in all maintenance work and in the use of equipment;
- To take part in coordinating contractor site visits in line with the annual maintenance schedule;
- Arrange the purchasing of maintenance related products in a timely manner within an agreed budget;
- To be responsible for the general day to day repairs, delegating to and supporting one maintenance assistant and voluntary workers.
Key Responsibilities common to all Capernwray staff:
- To participate fully and warmly in Capernwray’s community life, including participation in holiday programmes, leading student ‘family groups’, attendance at staff meetings, prayer meetings and social events, and to assist in other elements of the ministry;
- To identify and source opportunities and resources for continuing personal and professional development, in consultation with the Finance & Facilities Manager;
- To willingly and regularly affirm the ministry’s Statement of Faith, Principles & Practices, Values and Mission Statement.
- Ability to identify priorities, especially where there are competing needs and expectations;
- Ability to coordinate a team effectively and allocate tasks accordingly;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to act as a point of contact on day to day maintenance.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experienced in facilities management or engineering, building, joinery or plumbing;
- Operational knowledge of health & safety;
- Experience in managing a diverse workload and being able to maintain a strategic view of the work despite demanding day to day issues.
- Experience of working with voluntary workers;
- Experience of an IT based safety management software system for testing & monitoring compliance;
- Experience in managing Legionella & Fire risk;
- Knowledge of Biomass systems;
- Knowledge of swimming pool management;
- Experience of working in the charity sector;
- Experience of working in Christian residential ministry.
Completed application forms should be sent to the Head of HR & Compliance: email@example.com
If you wish to speak to someone informally about this position before applying, please contact Mike Gregory, the Finance and Facilities Manager, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org