Children and Families Outreach Worker
Worship, Prayer and the Bible underpin all that happens at Berkley Street Methodist Church. Always the gospel and love of Jesus Christ is foremost.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Christian to develop our ministry with families, children and young people in St Neots. The post would suit someone who has a passion for meeting people in their own situations and demonstrating the love of Christ.
The successful applicant will have excellent social skills, a confident and friendly demeanour and a good sense of humour.
The role is to:
- Enable and encourage children and families to participate fully in the life of the churchcommunity now and in the future.
- Help facilitate and lead activities with the church to share the good news of being aChristian.
- Serve our community. St Neots is a growing town and we have a vision to serve theneeds of the community and spread the Christian message; especially building on the relationships we already have with families through Messy Church, Brigade Club and those who join us at Sunday worship.
- Grow our church in faith and number and help us to modernise worship and our Christian activities, making them relevant to us and the needs of our community today.
- Work alongside the pastoral team to deepen relationships with families within and on the fringes of the church.
This is a 5 year fixed term part time (20hours) post.
Salary range £9,620 - £12,103 depending on qualifications and experience.
Closing date for applications 31st May 2020.
Previous applicants need not apply.
There is a genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian.
The Methodist Church is committed to the Safeguarding of all.