HR and Administration Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Administration Department at our international headquarters in Pewsey, Wiltshire. In this role, you will be handling our HR and payroll duties ensuring that our office continues to operate effectively and create a thriving environment enabling us to fulfil our charities objectives to support Christians around the world suffering for their faith.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a world-renowned international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation that transforms lives for our persecuted Christian family throughout the world.
What will you be doing:
The successful candidate will be passionate about Barnabas Fund’s aims and personally committed to Christian lifestyle and beliefs. Your main functions are handling the administration of payroll and HR essentials. You will support your Line Manager in office administration as per instructions regarding staffing recruitment, inductions, appraisals etc. In addition, part of your time will be drafting and administrating our Wills service for supporters. The position will require flexibility, and willingness to be involved in supporting staff to achieve their best within the workplace.
The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys collaborating with colleagues in a team, and will get satisfaction from performing detailed tasks with precision, but also like the stimulus of new challenges and changing situations. This is a role for someone who is confident with processes, record-keeping and keeping up to date with employment law changes.
What you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent administrative skills, with attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A high degree of personal organisation and self-management, with ability to prioritise and multitask;
- Ability to take appropriate initiative;
- Able to maintain confidentiality;
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies, as well as payroll processes and procedures and dealing with HMRC;
- IT literate, confident in use of advanced knowledge of Google and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed;
- Desirable for the candidate to have CIPD / HR Qualification, proven experience working in an HR department, knowledge of HR related employment and other law.
Wills Drafting Essentials
- Proven experience of administration and managing casework.
- Basic understanding or demonstrable ability to learn and understand law pertaining to Wills.
- High degree of sensitivity and emotional intelligence required to interact appropriately with supporters needing assistance with the drafting of their Wills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and investigation skills.
- High organisational skills with the ability to maintain a number of queries simultaneously.
- Previous experience working as a Legacy Case Officer or working within a Legal environment as a paralegal or qualified lawyer, or equivalent drafting skills.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our Admin Team from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. It is an essential requirement that this role be conducted full-time from our Pewsey office.
Any successful candidate will need to be a committed to Barnabas Fund’s Christian ethos, statement of faith and aims. Each candidate must already have the right to work in the UK.
*Due to the volumes of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application will have been deemed unsuccessful. Thank you.