We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled full-time writer with some experience in the field of non-fiction writing or journalism to deliver engaging, creative and accurate content across a range of Barnabas Fund digital and print communications.
To fulfil this role, you will have experience of producing written content in a professional setting and a degree in a related field, such as communications, international relations, history, politics, journalism, or other relevant background. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to competently select engaging material and produce copy to a brief in the required tone. A keen eye for detail and a passion for factual accuracy are also essential. Your experience could have been gained in the not-for-profit, public or commercial sectors.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our organisation to use your skills and abilities to serve the global persecuted Church. In this fast-paced and rewarding role, you will be working within our Editorial team and across our creative teams to produce outstanding publications and media content.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a world-renowned international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to be part of an organisation that transforms the lives of our persecuted Christian family throughout the world.
What will you be doing:
You will be involved in writing copy for our many printed publications, web articles, news reports, magazine features, prayer materials and fundraising appeals, in line with in-house style and under the guidance of the Managing and Senior Editors. You will also be involved in proofreading, fact-checking and copyediting pieces of work submitted by colleagues.
What will you need:
- A passion for producing truthful, accurate and compelling written copy that our readers and supporters will find engaging and informative.
- A meticulous eye for detail, high standards of accuracy, along with excellent English grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
- Basic research and fact-finding skills, including library and internet research experience. In addition, relevant IT skills, including knowledge of standard word processing programmes are essential.
- A demonstrable ability to organise a complex workload, meet regular short and longer-term deadlines and work well under pressure within a tightknit team.
- Some experience of feature writing, journalism or other non-fiction copywriting.
- A good knowledge of Christian theology, current affairs, geopolitical issues and world religions would be a considerable advantage.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our Editorial team from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is an office-based role, and it is a requirement that candidates be able to work in our office, and not from home.
Any successful candidate will need to be committed to Barnabas Fund’s ethos, statement of faith and aims and already have the right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV and the application form to email@example.com.
*Due to the volumes of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application will have been deemed unsuccessful. Thank you.