Digital Media Assistant
This role presents a new and exciting opportunity for someone to work within our growing Digital Media department, and assist us in implementing our social media strategy to build awareness of suffering Christians around the world. We are looking for an enthusiastic, efficient and motivated individual who will be based in our head office in Pewsey, UK.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a world-renowned international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to join our organisation to use your skills and abilities to serve the global persecuted Church. In this fast-paced and rewarding role, you will see the expansion and exciting new developments of the vision Barnabas Fund has to support persecuted Christian leaders, pastors, church workers etc. from countries around the globe.
What will you be doing:
You will assist the Digital Media department to implement the social media strategy, as part of the wider Barnabas Fund marketing strategy. This will involve managing our supporter relations on our social media channels and platforms. You will take part in creating, scheduling and managing social media content, as well analysing those channels for development opportunities and growth. This is a great opportunity to promote the work of Barnabas Fund on the channels most people are engaging with, and provide a window into the world of persecuted Christians suffering for their faith. Please refer to the job description for further details
What will you need:
- Have a proven, demonstrable social media background.
- Relevant qualification in media or marketing.
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Great multi-tasking skills, and ability to prioritize work.
- Great attention to details.
- Able to work in a team well, and independently.
- Great organizational skills.
- Great proficiency in Microsoft Office and other around-the-office software.
- A good knowledge of Christian theology, current affairs, geopolitical issues and world religions would be a considerable advantage.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our Digital Media team from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is an office-based role.
Any successful candidate will need to be committed to Barnabas Fund’s ethos, statement of faith and aims and already have the right to work in the UK.
*Due to the volumes of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application will have been deemed unsuccessful. Thank you.