Head Administrative Officer
This role presents a new and exciting opportunity for someone to work within our growing Academic department, and oversee its administration and organisation. We are looking for a highly organised, efficient and motivated individual who will be based in our head office, to monitor the department’s operations and procedures.
Why Barnabas Fund?
As a world-renowned international aid agency, Barnabas Fund serves the global persecuted Church by channelling practical aid to suffering Christians in over 80 countries who face oppression, discrimination and persecution. This is an opportunity to join our organisation to use your skills and abilities to serve the global persecuted Church. In this fast-paced and rewarding role, you will see the expansion and exciting new developments of the vision Barnabas Fund has to support persecuted Christian leaders, pastors, church workers etc. from countries around the globe.
What will you be doing:
You will be involved in monitoring the operations of the department, from keeping accurate filing and databases to supporting students on each study programme. This will see you as first point of contact for students, and their recruitment as well as the main Academic office liaison receiving questions, queries about courses, seminars, lecturers, etc. You will be responsible for processing student applications, enrolment, scholarships and maintaining student records, as well as having full knowledge of the different courses and their content. You will also oversee internal office meetings, appointments, staff schedules, preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports, and perform certain HR functions for the department. Please read all job functions within the attached job description.
What will you need:
- Essential experience needed in previous administrative roles within Academic institutions or in the higher education sector.
- Relevant academic qualifications/training may include office management, clerical and secretarial courses, as well as business and leadership qualifications.
- Very good knowledge of various office management procedures and systems.
- Excellent time management, and organisational skills are essential to this role, including very good attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks, projects etc. required of you.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Great proficiency in Microsoft Office and other related office software, Word, Excel etc.
- General HR experience would be an advantage.
- A good knowledge of Christian theology, current affairs, geopolitical issues and world religions would be a considerable advantage.
Salary is dependent on skills and experience.
You will be working within our Academic team from our international office in Pewsey, Wiltshire. This is an office-based role.
Any successful candidate will need to be committed to Barnabas Fund’s ethos, statement of faith and aims and already have the right to work in the UK.
*Due to the volumes of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application will have been deemed unsuccessful. Thank you.