Do you have experience in book editorial project management and can hit the ground running in a new role? Are you an excellent collaborator with strong project management skills? We are looking for two Project Editors to join a leading trade publisher in Oxford! You will manage the delivery of publishing projects working closely with editors, designers and authors. This role is to start ASAP, for 3 months.
Applications ASAP please.
- Manage the delivery of assigned publishing projects, keeping the Commissioning Editor and author informed of project problems or delays
- Work closely with designers and production team to manage books through production, including meeting schedules and budget
- Brief the copy editor/proof-reader, hand text over to design with all relevant information
- Review proofs ensuring compliance to specifications and incorporate any amendments to the manuscript
- Deal with any problems and generate solutions encountered during book production
- Ensure delivery of PDFs to the Production team once the project is complete
- Assist with marketing copy where required
- Liaise with packagers, freelance proof-readers etc as required and negotiate fees and monitor quality
- Keep the author informed during the publishing process and consult as required
Experience / skills required:
- Experience in book editorial project management
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working with children’s and or mono books
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills, ability to read critically and swiftly
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, ability to multi-task and is an excellent collaborator
- Theologically aware, biblically literate and spiritually sensitive
- Proficient in MS Outlook and MS Excel, advanced in MS Word and Adobe InDesign
GOR: Due to the nature of our publications and the author community that we publish, this role has a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) to be a practising Christian in communion with a Christian community whose statement of faith aligns with the Nicene Creed.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Novia Kingshott
Tel: 020 3 574 4421
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.