This role will be responsible for the processing of purchase invoices, daily bank reconciliations and processing gift aid claims for AoG Inc. churches. This role will have ownership over the daily processing of transactions and be relied upon to provide information and analysis reports quickly when requested.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Posting daily bank transactions and completing bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Processing of purchase invoices and expense forms having ensured correct authorisation in place.
- Draft journals for month end reconciliations.
- Preparation and analysis of Excel reports.
- Preparing monthly Gift Aid claims for AoG Inc. churches ready for submission to HMRC.
- Issue monthly Gift Aid statements to treasurers.
- Point of contract for Gift Aid queries.
- Oversee Gift Aid process to ensure operating in line with established operating procedures.
- Liaising with HMRC as required regarding Gift Aid claims.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the finance team to ensure all tasks performed on a timely basis.
- Commitment to maintain the highest standards of excellence and integrity in order to serve the internal and external functions of AoG Inc. well.
- Any other duties as required.
Please note: this role is based in Manchester and may involve some UK wide travel.
Financial or Other Authorities
No direct budgetary responsibility
Report to the Financial Controller
Commitment to Vision, Values and Beliefs of AoG
AoG is a Christian organisation with a mission to Serve and Empower it’s churches and ministers. Despite there not being an occupational requirement to be a Christian the candidate must respect and reflect the organisation's vision and beliefs and act in the utmost integrity and sincerity at all times.
The role holder will need to provide two satisfactory references and the relevant Right to Work in the UK.
Please see the attached application pack for more information on AoG Inc. as an employer, the person specification for this role and more details about what AoG Inc. can offer you.
Please complete the attached application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 11th June 2021.
Manchester M3 7BE