Children & Families Leader
All Saints Church, Truro
At All Saints we believe that discipleship is about dedicating one’s life to the way of Jesus, and to live the way God had intended. We believe that if we learn about life from the author of life we will all see the fullness of life (John 10:10). Therefore the main purpose of this role is to introduce people to Jesus, through the life of our churches, through the life of our schools, and through the life of our households.
Purpose of the Role
We recognise a 'Growing Faith' in the children and families of our church and local schools, and it is through this growing faith we seek to develop further ministries of leadership and support. To help grow this ministry in churches, schools and households, requires the support and ministry of the whole people of God. Therefore, this role will require someone who is capable, with the support of the ministry team of helping every member of our congregation (including lay and ordained leaders, parents, grandparents, godparents and other laity) to recognise the part they play in how children and young people understand life as a Christian, and to become confident in sharing their own faith.
We desire to give as much freedom and flexibility to this role as is possible and want to emphasise that this Role Description is indicative and can be shaped in partnership with the 'Growth and Formation Team' at All Saints. We would expect the person to bring experience of leading and planning teaching and worship that effectively engages children and families, and experience of creating and developing new ministries and events that engage children and families.
- To help articulate this role further we have provided a vocational specification to help with your discernment. The following four objectives underpin the key responsiblities outlined on the following page.
- To participate fully in the development of a thriving missional community in the churches across Truro, including work across denominations and traditions.
- To establish a thriving children's and families' ministry at All Saints, working with the existing ministry team, whilst taking a lead to develop and resource new opportunities.
- To lead the discipleship, growth and development of children and families at All Saints, using a variety of different resources such as parenting courses, Messy Church, and Alpha.
- To lead the development of the 'Growing Faith' initiative at All Saints which envisions children, young people and households coming to faith, growing in discipleship and contributing confidently to the Kingdom of God through the community of faith.
All Saints Church, Truro