The Finance Manager is an exciting new role, which will be a strategic position within our senior staff team, working closely with the CEO, finance Director and senior project leaders. As a part of this team, you will be helping to enable our mission to Empower People to End Poverty and making a real difference to the lives of people in Lincoln.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the CEO and Financial Director in overseeing effective day to day financial operations as well as ensuring effective fiscal planning and reporting across teams and areas within the trust.
Acts Trust relies on external funding as key contributions to their annual budget and so the Finance Manager will support the Operations Team in identifying and securing funding to meet the resource needs of the organisation’s budgets. They will be an active and vocal supporter of the work of Acts Trust and our founder, Alive Church.
Salary: £ 28,500pa FTE (pro rata - £17,100pa)
Working hours: 22.5 hours per week (flexible)
Location: Home-based with an expectation to work in our Lincoln office for various occasional meetings and to travel to various venues around the City
Benefits: 25 days annual leave per year (pro-rata) plus bank holidays
Reports to: The Chief Executive Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing accurate day to day financial management;
- Authorising invoice expenditure and expense claim payments
- Monitoring Acts Trust’s bank activity
- Accurate and timely preparation of invoices and wider financial documentation and processes (such as establishing direct debits) for customers, donors and suppliers
- Supervising Acts Trust’s bookkeeper
- Providing ongoing management, monitoring and oversight to departmental budgets
- Planning, evaluating and reporting;
- Planning and preparation of annual budgets in liaison with the Director of Finance, CEO and Team Leaders
- Compiling financial reports for stakeholders; including profit and loss review for Senior Leadership team and the Board of Directors
- Provide ongoing liaison and support between Acts Trust and Alive Church finance department (for payroll services) and our accountants for the preparation of annual accounts
- Completing Gift Aid Claims
- Assisting the Operations Team in researching and writing funding applications and working with team leaders in preparing budgets for grant applications
- Grants management including tracking of expenditure, providing evidence of spend, maintaining audit trails and financial reporting
- Supporting the teams in preparing Grant Evaluation Reports for funding partners/significant donors.
- Advising and supporting the development and implementation of the Acts Trust fundraising strategy and approach
- Supporting the operation of the charity at management level by providing effective insight and advice on funding and fundraising matters.
- Actively engaging and supporting Trust wide events and campaigns
- Any other duties as directed by the Chief Executive or Board of Directors