Youth Activity Worker
Action Centres UK and NAYC
Are you passionate about making a positive difference in Young People’s lives? Well we have the perfect role for you!
Here at NAYC & ACUK we have an invaluable opportunity as a Youth Activity Worker. Be a part of a dynamic youth team, who are responsible for assisting in setting up vibrant youth clubs which deliver engaging activity sessions.
Our Youth Activity Workers are at the heart of everything that we do, meeting the needs of young people within our communities whilst providing enthusiastic role models. This is a totally rewarding role as we continuously strive to release potential and make a positive difference in all.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Become a part of our family like culture working together to support our vision to release potential in staff and young people
- Free use of leisure facilities
- Free childcare places available on activity camps throughout school holidays
- Onsite parking
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
- Passion and experience of working with children and young people
- Ability to plan and deliver appropriate and inclusive activity sessions for groups of young people
- Ability to travel to different locations across the county
- Ability to communicate with people of different ages and levels of authority
- Proficient with MS Office applications and writing reports
- Appropriate level of qualification to work with children
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those we support
SOME RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Plan and deliver fun and varied activity sessions for young people in NAYC’s affiliated youth groups and clubs countywide. Sessions are arranged in conjunction with the Youth Development Coordinator for that area
- Activity sessions are usually during weekday evenings and run for 1-2 hours
- Activities include games, sports, crafts, discussions and workshops
- Visit NAYC affiliated groups on a regular basis to promote NAYC’s activities and services
- Actively seek opportunities to start up new groups and clubs through networking, research and community engagement
- Please click ‘job description’ for full specifications for this role
The salary for this role is £12,844 (£9.50 per hour).
HOW TO APPLY:
The fun never stops here at NAYC & ACUK, if you would like to apply for this fantastic opportunity please apply by following this link: https://naycacuk.co.uk/careers/youth-activity-worker/.
For more information, please contact HR on 01604 797911.
ABOUT NAYC & ACUK:
We are an established, dynamic youth charity who is part of the NAYC & ACUK family. As an Organisation we are built upon Christian principles and serving young people is at the heart of everything we do.
For over ‘60’ years NAYC & ACUK has been supporting, encouraging and motivating groups of young people. We strive to provide a large range of positive activities to develop young people as our vision is to ‘Release Potential in All’.
Action Centres UK and NAYC