An established but growing church, an arm of the Redeemed Christian Church of God based in Coventry is seeking to appoint a qualified and enthusiastic Christian as Minister of Religion to oversee the day to day running of the church and groups as well as conduct prayer meetings on a daily basis among other functions.
- Prepares and delivers sermon and leads congregational worship.
- Lead in the teaching of the doctrinal principles of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)
- Represent the parish in meetings as at when required.
- Teach Sunday school, undertake evangelism and other outreaches.
- Provides and arranges the provision of religious instruction to congregation members.
- Performs marriages, funerals, baptisms, and other special religious rites when required.
- Provide pastoral care to member of the congregation in their homes and in hospitals and counsels those in need of spiritual or moral guidance.
- Preaching of gospel of Jesus Christ and winning souls for Christ through targeted evangelism to family and individuals.
- Organising baptismal classes and spiritual nurturing for children.
- Preparing Children for baptism.
- Renewal of a church plan for child welfare and family care.
- Collaboratively work with the Trustees and church accountant to manage all Regulatory and Compliance requirements i.e., Charity Commission, HMRC, RCCG Central Body etc.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with other Ecumenical Denominations.
- Engage in fund raising activities for the church.
- Experience in Missions and ability to speak other African languages e.g., Yoruba.
- Facilitate Pastoral tasks and Processes.
- Assist in finding new identity for the congregation, ability to teach and work well with children as will be required to lead the children department occasionally.
- Encourage leadership development/power shift.
- Provide spiritual contents for the church website on regular basis
- Interested applicant will be someone who has a personal devotion to Jesus and is committed to both the teachings and preaching the gospel of Jesus.
- Able to do flexible hours and will be on calls if the need be. You should be willing and prepared to be ready to travel to other cities within and outside Great Britain for missionary work, should the need arise.
- Able to articulate and share his/her personal Christian faith.
- Passionate about working with people, especially young people in our community and our parish.
- Committed to a team approach to ministry and able to provide clear direction when delegating responsibilities.
- Able to work without direct supervision and willing to act with self-initiative.
- Intellectually capable and willing to undertake continuous professional/spiritual development.
- Effectively engage with youth and young adults in the context of the current culture, with unflinching faith
- Dedicated to working with all church volunteers, parish leaders and other parish committees to fulfil the mission and vision of the parish.
- Committed to evangelism and the growth the Church.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Have an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- A teaching qualification will be desirable.
- RCCG School of disciple certificate will be required.
- RCCG Workers in training certificate will be desirable as applicant is required to be knowledgeable in the word of God and in the doctrines of the Church.
- Ordination into any church role will be desirable.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with ability to work with people from diverse ethnic groups.
- Familiar with biblical doctrines on conflict resolution
- Be able to undertake counselling.
- Teaching skill highly desirable
- Demonstrate good organisational, planning, and communication skills (including listening skills)
- Have good computer skills (Microsoft office suit)
- Be fluent in English and one African language
Successful applicant must be willing to undertake DBS Enhanced Disclosure Check for this post.
Salary Range: between £21,000-23,000
Under employer equality (Religious and Beliefs) Regulations 2003 Section 7, this post has a genuine occupational requirement to be a Christian.